Russian player ‘maratik’ was crowned the PokerStars 2012 World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP) Main Event champion September 25th, winning $1,000,907.26 having qualified into the $5,200 buy-in event for just 40 Frequent Player Points.
maratik is (or more likely “was” now) a low stakes Sit & Go and tournament player on PokerStars. He managed to top a field of 1,825 players to win the richest and most prestigious online tournament of the year, which featured a $9,125,000 prize pool. No doubt this will be a life changing even for the Russian player.
A six-way deal was negotiated at the final table, which saw ‘maratik’ initially get $900,907.26, but he then went on to beat the other five players to win the additional $100,000 that was reserved for first place. In fact, there were 2 million dollar winners, as 4th place munchenHB, who held the chip lead at the time of the deal, pocketed a proportionally larger share than the other players. In all, 5 players collected over half-a-million dollars.
Here are the final places and payouts:
1. maratik (Russia) – $1,000,907.26
2. Ryan ‘TheCart3r’ Carter (Canada) – $662,516.39
3. Jossel2008 (Ireland) – $814,602.12
4. Mike ‘munchenHB’ Telker (Cyprus) – $1,000.584.34
5. sly caveat (Portugal) – $601,884.93
6. FOO-92 (Germany) – $502,992.46
7. Kakalala (Denmark) – $182,500.00
8. Phil ‘takechip’ D’Auteuil (Canada) – $136,875
9. mitdadu (Russia) – $91,250.00
Don’t miss out on your chance to be the next $1 million winner at PokerStars, the largest online poker site by far. As a first step, why not try out our exclusive first deposit poker bonus offer, good for up to $600 in bonus cash, with no cost or obligation.